The S-4FB (N-succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) heterobifunctional crosslinker is fundamental to Solulink's proprietary linker technology. The crosslinker is used for direct incorporation of 4FB (4-formylbenzamide) moieties on oligonucleotides during solid phase synthesis. The S-4FB analog reacts with primary amines on proteins (amino group of lysine), amino-modified oligonucleotides or surfaces, introducing a 4FB (4-formylbenzamide) linker that forms stable covalent conjugates with biomolecules possessing HyNic (6-hydrazinonicotinamide) incorporated linkers. 4FB groups incorporated on biomolecules and surfaces are extremely stable and have been known to maintain their reactivity for >18 months.
Solulink's proprietary linker technology is based on the use of two complementary heterobifunctional linkers:
- S-HyNic crosslinker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, or surfaces.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 to form a conjugate.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable and stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm. Thus any two proteins, regardless of molecular weight, can be efficiently conjugated.
- Catalyzed Conjugation – Faster kinetics for greater efficiency and yields
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Stability – 10 times more stable than any other conjugation linker
- Specificity – Two-linker method avoids homoconjugate formation
- Efficient – >80% efficient linker-biomolecule conjugations
- Robust - The conjugate bond is stable to 92˚C and to pH values ranging from pH 2.0–10.0
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser's internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser's organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.