|Size:||5 x 1.0 mg|
The S-4FB (N-succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) heterobifunctional crosslinker is fundamental to Solulink’s proprietary linker technology. C6-S-4FB is an analog of S-4FB incorporating a six carbon spacer chain within the crosslinker. S-4FB analog reacts with primary amines on proteins (amino group of lysine), amino-modified oligonucleotides or surfaces, introducing a 4FB (4-formylbenzamide) linker that forms stable covalent conjugates with biomolecules possessing HyNic (6-hydrazinonicotinamide) incorporated linkers. 4FB groups incorporated on biomolecules and surfaces are extremely stable and have been known to maintain their reactivity for >18 months. C6-S-4FB extended linker is required to overcome any steric hindrance interfering with the conjugation
Solulink’s proprietary linker technology is based on the use of two complementary heterobifunctional linkers:
- S-HyNic crosslinker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, or surfaces.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 to form a conjugate.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable and stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm. Thus any two proteins, regardless of molecular weight, can be efficiently conjugated.
- Catalyzed Conjugation – Faster kinetics for greater efficiency and yields
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Stability – 10 times more stable than any other conjugation linker
- Specificity – Two-linker method avoids homoconjugate formation
- Efficient – >80% efficient linker-biomolecule conjugations
- Robust - The conjugate bond is stable to 92˚C and to pH values ranging from pH 2.0–10.0
- Liu G, Dou S, Mardirossian G, He J, Zhang S, Liu X, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Successful Radiotherapy of Tumor in Pretargeted Mice by 188Re-Radiolabeled Phosphorodiamidate Morpholino Oligomer, a Synthetic DNA Analogue. Clinical Cancer Research,2006;12(16)4958-4964. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, He J, Yin D, Gupta S, Zhang S, Wang Y, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Radiolabeling of MAG3-morpholino oligomers with 188Re at high labeling efficiency and specific radioactivity for tumor pretargeting. Applied Radiation and Isotopes;2006;971-978. Link
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser’s internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser’s organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.