Sulfo-S-4FB Crosslinker (Water Soluble)
|Size:||5 x 1.0 mg|
The S-4FB (N-succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) heterobifunctional crosslinker is fundamental to Solulink's proprietary linker technology. Sulfo-S-4FB is a water soluble analog of S-4FB. S-4FB analog reacts with primary amines on proteins (amino group of lysine) or amino-modified oligonucleotides or surfaces, introducing a 4FB (4-formylbenzamide) linker that forms stable covalent conjugates with biomolecules possessing HyNic (6-hydrazinonicotinamide) incorporated linkers. 4FB groups incorporated on biomolecules and surfaces are extremely stable and have been known to maintain their reactivity for >18 months. Sulfo-S-4FB is recommended for incorporating 4FB linkers on amino-surfaces or biomolecules. This linker is particularly useful for biomolecules or surfaces that are sensitive to organic solvents such as DMF or DMSO.
Solulink's proprietary linker technology is based on the use of two complementary heterobifunctional linkers:
- S-HyNic crosslinker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, or surfaces.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 to form a conjugate.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable and stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm. Thus any two proteins, regardless of molecular weight, can be efficiently conjugated.
- Catalyzed Conjugation – Faster kinetics for greater efficiency and yields
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Stability – 10 times more stable than any other conjugation linker
- Specificity – Two-linker method avoids homoconjugate formation
- Efficient – >80% efficient linker-biomolecule conjugations
- Robust – The conjugate bond is stable to 92˚C and to pH values ranging from pH 2.0–10.0
- Habtemichael EN, Brewer PD, Romenskaia I, Mastick CC. Kinetic evidence that Glut4 follows different endocytic pathways than the receptors for transferrin and alpha-2-macroglobulin. J Biol Chem 2011; 10.1074/jbc.M111.217935. Link
- Grotzky A, Manaka Y, Kojima T, Walde P. Preparation of Catalytically Active, Covalent α-Polylysine−Enzyme Conjugates via UV/Vis-Quantifiable Bis-aryl Hydrazone Bond Formation. Biomacromolecules. 2011:12(1):134-44. Epub 2010 Dec 20. Link
- Horikawa S, Bedi D, Li S, Shen W, Huang S, Chen I. Effects of Surface Functionalization on the Surface Phage Coverage and the Subsequent Performance of Phage-Immobilized Magnetoelastic Biosensors. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 2011;26(5):2361-7. Epub 2010 Oct 14. Link
- He J, Wang Y, Dou S, Liu X, Zhang S, Liu G, and Hnatowich D. Affinity Enhancement Pretargeting: Synthesis and Testing of a 99mTc-Labeled Bivalent MORF. 2010 Molecular Pharmaceutics Vol. 7, No. 4, 1118–1124. Link
- Shin IS, Maeng JS, Jang BS, You E, Cheng K, Li KCP, Wood B, Carrasquillo JA, Danthi SN, Paik CH. Tc-labeling of Peptidomimetic Antagonist to Selectively Target v 3 Receptor-Positive Tumor: Comparison of PDA and EDDA as co-Ligands. Current radiopharmaceuticals 2010;3(1):1. Link
- Kubler-Kielb J, Majadly F, Biesova Z, Mocca CP, Guo C, Nussenzweig R, Nussenzweig V, Mishra S, Wu Y, Miller LH. A bicomponent Plasmodium falciparum investigational vaccine composed of protein-peptide conjugates. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2010;107(3):1172. Link
- Chawla K, Ham HO, Nguyen T, Messersmith PB. Molecular resurfacing of cartilage with proteoglycan 4. Acta Biomaterialia 2010;6(9):3388-3394. Link
- Iqbal M, Gleeson MA, Spaugh B, Tybor F, Gunn WG, Hochberg M, Baehr-Jones T, Bailey RC, Gunn LC. Label-Free Biosensor Arrays Based on Silicon Ring Resonators and High-Speed Optical Scanning Instrumentation. Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, IEEE Journal of 2010;16(3):654-661. Link
- Ruggiero A, Villa CH, Holland JP. Imaging and treating tumor vasculature with targeted radiolabeled carbon nanotubes. International Journal of Nanomedicine 2010;5:783-802. Link
- D'Alessandria C, di Gialleonardo V, Chianelli M, Mather SJ, de Vries EF, Scopinaro F, Dierck RA, Signore A. Synthesis and Optimization of the Labeling Procedure of 99mTc-Hynic-Interleukin-2 for In vivo Imaging of Activated T lymphocytes. Mol Imaging Biol. 2010;12(5): 539–546. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, Chen X, Chen L, Liu X, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Adding a clearing agent to pretargeting does not lower the tumor accumulation of the effector as predicted. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2010;25(6):757-62. Link
- Washburn AL, Gunn LC, Bailey RC. Label-free quantitation of a cancer biomarker in complex media using silicon photonic microring resonators. Analytical chemistry 2009;81(22):9499-9506. Link
- Johnson LM, Avens HJ, Hansen RR, Sewell HL, Bowman CN. Characterization of the Assaying Methods in Polymerization-Based Amplification of Surface Biomarkers. Australian Journal of Chemistry 2009;62(8):877-884. Link
- Hansen RR, Johnson LM, Bowman CN. Visual, base-specific detection of nucleic acid hybridization using polymerization-based amplification. Analytical biochemistry 2009;386(2):285-287. <NO LINK>
- Myles W. Gardner MW and Brodbelt JS. Ultraviolet Photodissociation Mass Spectrometry of Bis-aryl Hydrazone Conjugated Peptides. Anal. Chem.2009,81,4864-4872. Link
- Liu G, Cheng D, Dou S, Chen X, Liang M, Pretorius PH, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Replacing 99m Tc with 111In Improves MORF/cMORF Pretargeting by Reducing Intestinal Accumulation. Molecular Imaging and Biology 2009;11(5):303-307. Link
- Chen X, Dou S, Liu G, Liu X, Wang Y, Chen L, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Synthesis and in Vitro Characterization of a Dendrimer- MORF Conjugate for Amplification Pretargeting. Bioconjugate chemistry 2008;19(8):1518-1525. Link
- Kattah MG, Coller J, Cheung RK, Oshidary N, Utz PJ. HIT: a versatile proteomics platform for multianalyte phenotyping of cytokines, intracellular proteins and surface molecules. Nature medicine 2008;14(11):1284-1289. Link
- Sharma S, Dominguez AL, Manrique SZ, Cavallo F, Sakaguchi S, Lustgarten J. Systemic Targeting of CpG-ODN to the Tumor Microenvironment with Anti–neu-CpG Hybrid Molecule and T Regulatory Cell Depletion Induces Memory Responses in BALB-neuT Tolerant Mice. Cancer research 2008;68(18):7530. Link
- Chaturvedi A, Dorward D, Pierce SK. The B cell receptor governs the subcellular location of Toll-like receptor 9 leading to hyperresponses to DNA-containing antigens. Immunity 2008;28(6):799-809. Link
- Qi H, Cannons JL, Klauschen F, Schwartzberg PL, Germain RN. SAP-controlled T–B cell interactions underlie germinal centre formation. Nature 2008;455(7214):764-769. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. An experimental and theoretical evaluation of the influence of pretargeting antibody on the tumor accumulation of effector. Molecular cancer therapeutics 2008;7(5):1025. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, Pretorius PH, Liu X, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Pretargeting CWR22 prostate tumor in mice with MORF-B72.3 antibody and radiolabeled cMORF. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2008 Feb;35(2):272-80. Link
- Walls ZF, Gambhir SS. BRET-based method for detection of specific RNA species. Bioconjugate chemistry 2008;19(1):178-184. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, He J, Liu X, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. Predicting the biodistribution of radiolabeled cMORF effector in MORF-pretargeted mice. European journal of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging 2007;34(2):237-246. Link
- Liu G, Dou S, Yin D, Squires S, Liu X, Wang Y, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich DJ. A novel pretargeting method for measuring antibody internalization in tumor cells. Cancer biotherapy & radiopharmaceuticals 2007;22(1):33-39. Link
- Buhl A, Metzger JH, Heegaard NHH, von Landenberg P, Fleck M, Luppa PB. Novel biosensor-based analytic device for the detection of anti-double-stranded DNA antibodies. Clinical chemistry 2007;53(2):334. Link
- Bailey RC, Kwong GA, Radu CG, Witte ON, Heath JR. DNA-encoded antibody libraries: a unified platform for multiplexed cell sorting and detection of genes and proteins. J. Am. Chem. Soc 2007;129(7):1959-1967. Link
- He J, Liu G, Dou S, Gupta S, Rusckowski M, Hnatowich D. An improved method for covalently conjugating morpholino oligomers to antitumor antibodies. Bioconjugate Chem 2007;18(3):983-988. Link
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser's internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser's organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.