PEG4/PFB Long Chain Crosslinker (4FB analog)
|Size:||5 x 1.0 mg|
PEG4/PFB, is an extended hydrophilic analog of S-4FB. The S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) heterobifunctional crosslinker is fundamental to Solulink’s proprietary linker technology. This linker reacts with primary amines on biomolecules and converts them to 4-formylbenzamide (4FB) moieties with an extended PEG4 linker that forms stable covalent conjugates with biomolecules possessing HyNic (6-hydrazinonicotinamide) incorporated linkers. 4FB groups incorporated on biomolecules and surfaces are extremely stable and have been known to maintain their reactivity for >18 months. 4FB/PEG4-modified proteins are more water-soluble (less hydrophobic) than 4FB-modified proteins, which can eliminate precipitation issues with certain proteins. The extended PEG4 linker enhances solubility and reduces steric hindrance leading to increased in conjugate yield.
Solulink’s proprietary linker technology is based on the use of two complementary heterobifunctional linkers:
- S-HyNic crosslinker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, or surfaces.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker or its analog is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 to form a conjugate.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable and stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm. Thus any two proteins, regardless of molecular weight, can be efficiently conjugated.
- Catalyzed Conjugation – Faster kinetics for greater efficiency and yields
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Stability – 10 times more stable than any other conjugation linker
- Specificity – Two-linker method avoids homoconjugate formation
- Efficient – >80% efficient linker-biomolecule conjugations
- Robust – The conjugate bond is stable to 92˚C and to pH values ranging from pH 2.0–10.0
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser’s internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser’s organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.