4FB Activated R PE
Solulink’s 4FB-Phycoerythrin is a 4FB-modified phycobiliprotein. Phycobiliproteins consists of a family of biologically derived fluorescent proteins found in cyanobacteria and eukaryotic algae. This 4FB-modified fluorescent protein is ready for linking to any HyNic-modified protein or biomolecule. Simple mixing of 4FB-Phycoerythrin with any HyNic-modified protein generates the fluorescent conjugate. Conjugates made using 4FB-Phycoerythrin retain their high quantum yield (~0.98) and are easy to purify using gel filtration methods.
Solulink’s proprietary linker technology is an innovative, catalyzed, UV-traceable, heterobifunctional linker technology that offers greater efficiency and yield in a considerably simpler method for linking any two biomolecules together e.g. proteins, oligos, or peptides regardless of molecular weight.
- S-HyNic (succinimidyl-6-hydrazino-nicotinamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines (-NH2) on the amino acid, lysine, or on the N-terminus.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker is pre-conjugated to R-PE (Cat. No. S-4008)
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-RPE in a catalyzed conjugation reaction.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable, stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm.
- Stable for long-term storage at 4oC
- Number of 4FB moieties conjugated to R-PE can be quantified
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser’s internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser’s organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.