PBS Buffer (10X)
|Size:||5 x 1.5 mL|
Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) is a buffer solution commonly used in biological research for washing and dissociating cells or for dissolving small molecules. Solulink's PBS contains 0.05% sodium azide (NaN3) and is used in the following applications:
- Washing biomolecules bound to Streptavidin Agarose High Performance resin
- Preparing antibody standards for the BCA and Bradford Assays to determine the concentration of a protein before or after modification
- Desalting proteins or antibodies prior to biotinylation or labeling
- As a blank for taking UV spec readings to determine biotin incorporation
- Washing and resuspending NanoLink and MagnaLink 4FB Magnetic Beads after antibody conjugation
Solulink's proprietary linker technology is an innovative, catalyzed, UV-traceable, heterobifunctional linker technology that offers greater efficiency and yield in a considerably simpler method for linking any two biomolecules together e.g. proteins, oligos, or peptides regardless of molecular weight.
- S-HyNic (succinimidyl-6-hydrazino-nicotinamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines (-NH2) on the amino acid, lysine, or on the N-terminus.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines (-NH2) on the amino acid, lysine, or on the N-terminus.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 in a catalyzed conjugation reaction.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable, stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm.
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser's internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser's organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.