Epitope tags are short 10-15 amino acid sequences fused to a recombinant protein to enable surveillance by commonly-available antibodies to the epitope tag. Solulink's PepLink Linkable Peptides enable tagging of non-recombinant proteins with popular epitope tags for immunocytochemistry or cellular trafficking. The linkable HyNic-(His)6 epitope tag provides a non-biotin based, affinity tagging method for the soft-release or detection of tagged non-recombinant proteins.
Solulink applies its proprietary linker technology for conjugation of the epitope tag to non-recombinant proteins. Solulink's PepLink epitope tags are pre-activated with Solulink's HyNic linker and can be readily conjugated to non-recombinant proteins modified with the 4FB linker.
- S-HyNic (succinimidyl-6-hydrazino-nicotinamide) linker is added to PepLink epitope tag during solid phase synthesis.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker is conjugated to your protein of interest with a 4FB reagent.
- The HyNic-modified PepLink epitope tag is incubated with the 4FB-modified protein to form conjugate.
The result is an epitope tagged-protein conjugate with a UV-traceable, stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm.
- Specificity – HyNic-peptides link only to 4FB-modified biomolecules
- Rapid and Efficient - Conjugation and immobilization is stoichiometrically efficient
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Solution – Alternative to fusion proteins or recombinant technology
- 6xHis Tag-HyNic (Cat. Nos. SP-E001-005 and SP-E001-010)
Products and materials supplied by Solulink are for the purchaser's internal research use only. Internal research use only for scientific investigation performed at the purchaser's organization. Solulink material may not be used for any diagnostic, therapeutic or commercial use without a license from Solulink. Commercial purpose means any use for which you are compensated including any use in the manufacture of a product, information or data sale or any resale, repackaging or other transfer for consideration. Commercial licenses are available, please inquire.